Sunday, August 2, 2015

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? (Aug.3)

It's Monday! What Are You Reading? is a fun weekly meme that is hosted by Shelia at Book Journeyin which we share what we've read and reviewed and what we plan on reading in the coming week.

Since my last post on this meme, I have read a number of books, but my reviewing has gone down substantially.  I am hoping to work on book reviews tomorrow (Monday) and have some of them up on the blog within the week.

I am also going to change things up a little bit with how I go about this meme based on something I have seen from another participant.


Last Week

I read quite a bit out of Travelling to Infinity and started The Book of Life again.  I am hoping to finish both of them by the end of the week; just have to get myself calm enough to get into a reading mood, but knowing how I am thinking, I should be able to get into my reading mode in the next day or two.  Part of the reason for the lack of reading was because of travel and for some reason, I was unable to read much.

Current Read(s)

Still currently reading Travelling to Infinity by Jane Hawking (Stephen Hawking's first wife) and its a fairly thick and dense book, even though I can get into the book quite easily, and The Book of Life by Deborah Harkness.

Coming Up this Week

I hope to start To Kill A Mockingbird by Harper Lee and The Odyssey by Homer (this one is a book club read) and possibly The Princess Diaries by Meg Cabot.

As for my non-book activities, I hoping to go paddle-boarding with my dad this coming week and hopefully go on a go-Kart for the first time.  All are weather dependent.  If not, I have Secret Garden to work on.

Happy Monday to all!

What books are you reading this week? Any plans outside of reading?

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...