Friday, August 14, 2015

Book Beginnings & The Friday 56 - To Kill a Mockingbird


I have seen these two meme's posted on a number of sites over the last few years while reading various blogs and thought it was time that I would join in on the fun.

Book Beginnings on Friday is hosted by Rose City ReaderShare the opening quote from the book.
The Friday 56 is hosted at Freda's VoiceFind a quote from page 56.

My book this week is:
To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee

Book Beginning: When he was nearly thirteen, my brother Jem got his arm badly broken at the elbow.

Page 56: "Yes," said our father, when Jem asked him if we could go over and sit by Miss Rachel's fishpool with Dill, as this was his last night in Maycomb. "Tell him so long for me, and we'll see him next summer."

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...