Friday, May 29, 2015

Armchair BEA Day 3 - Blogging Q & A

Today one of the topics ask us about our blogging habits and what keeps us going.

What keeps me blogging here is interacting with other readers and the community that I have created with them as a result of being apart of the community.

The blogging platform that I use is Blogger.  I think part of the reason was that it was a platform that I was aware of at the time that I started a previous blog that I haven't really blogged on since.  Since I have heard about WordPress, but I choose to stay here because I know what to expect than if I would move over to WordPress, especially in regards to adding photos and other media to my blog.

I network by getting involved in with memes, getting involved with readalongs and making sure that I have somesort of social media presence for the blog (I have a Facebook page for this blog under the same name) and by also linking up my blog posts through NetworkedBlogs.  And also by keeping up to date with book reviews (which for some reason that I have not been able to do over the last few months).

As for web designs, I just stick with what works for me, but what appeals to me as a reader of blogs is something that has interesting content and also keeps the blog neat and tidy, with not a lot of clutter on the blog, making it easy for a reader to read the stuff on the page, without everything else becoming the object of the readers eyes.  Of course you want relevant material on the side to inform readers what is going on with your reading life.

Enough of me chatting, I would love to hear what you think.

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...