Sunday, May 12, 2013

Musing Mondays (May 13)

This week, Miz B at Should Be Reading asks:

Tell us what you are reading right now. What do you think of it so far? Why did you choose it and what are (or aren't) enjoying about it?

I am currently reading The House Girl by Tara Conklin.  I picked it up because I had heard a lot of buzz about the book (good and bad) and based on the description of the book, I thought I would be interested in the book.  I think its okay; I find the parts with Josephine somewhat lacking and I really enjoy the sections with Lina a bit more at this point, but then my opinion may change as I read through the book.  

I am also reading Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier and that is a book that I can't seem to get anything read out of.  The reason that I choose the book was because I have heard nothing but praise for the book from those that have read it and it seems to be a favourite of book bloggers/podcasters and honestly I don't see what all the fuss is all about.  Maybe its because I am only reading a few pages at a time and not sitting down and focusing on it.  Later.

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...