Sunday, October 21, 2012

Sunday Salon - Just a little something

Just wanted to say hi.  I don't have a lot to say this week, except that I have some very weird obsessions.  Take yesterday morning for instance.  I don't know why, but I was up at around 5:38 am and it made me start thinking about some dried thyme that I had been hankering for.  No I didn't want to eat it straight out of the bottle, but I wanted to refill my bottle and on Friday, I was unable to find anything at the store.  True, I didn't know what it was called, but honestly, I couldn't find a bottle of it.  I was able to find the ground stuff, but I wanted the dried leaves.  I had about a tablespoon left in the bottle that came with the spice rack I had gotten a few years ago.

So when I woke up on Saturday morning, I searched the internet  to find what it was called, as I did not know what it was called.  I knew that I didn't want the ground stuff, of which I already have, but I honestly prefer having the dried stuff, as the stuff smells amazing when you bake it with something like Shepherd's Pie.  Anyways to make a long story short, I was able to find something and went to the store at about 6:30 am to purchase it, only to find it at the grocery store shelves that I regularly go to at about $2 less than what I paid for at the store that I purchased it at.

Reading wise, the week wasn't that great, although I got Doris Goodwin's amazing biography on Lincoln this past Tuesday and am looking forward to reading it.  I am hoping that this coming week is much better than last week.  And the blogging wasn't that great either...

Reviews:
1) Quiet by Susan Cain (review)

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...