Thursday, September 6, 2012

Booking Through Thursday - School Books

This week, Booking Through Thursday asks:

We all had to read things in school that we didn’t like … but whatabout something you read for a class that you ended up liking (orloving)? An author you discovered that you might not have found? A genre you hadn’t thought about?

I remember my Grade 11 English teacher chose A Tale of Two Cities for the final book of the year.  I had only really read A Christmas Carol (okay, watch the Alastir Sim version of the movie), but hadn't really been exposed to anything significant of Dickens' work up until that book.  I ended up loving the book and has ended up as being one of my favourite books.  I actually read it a few years later and still enjoyed reading it and probably a little more so.

No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...