Sunday, June 17, 2012

Sunday Salon - A week of reading

I apologize for lateness of this post.  I had a rather lazy day (woke up at about 10:30 am, or was it 11:30? I have no clue, but I do know it was a lazy day) that involved food, reading, some more food, church, a movie (Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy; even though I didn't understand how it got to the ending it did, any movie with Colin Firth and number of other British actors that I have seen over the years, is worth the confusing ending), writing this blog post and will end with some more reading before going to sleep.

Week was a bit crazy in that my mood wasn't exactly great and I was feeling constantly on the edge (this was due to hormones, as I am feeling much better today and I know its hormones due to lack of medication that I was taking the previous 3 weeks), but for some strange reason I was able to get quite a bit of reading done, especially where Les Miserables is concerned.  And quite honestly, I am still enjoying the book.  While it is boring and dull in parts (Section one of Book 2 comes to mind; really did he have to spend that much time on the Battle of Waterloo, even though I didn't know that Napoleon lost the battle due to rain), the story of Les Miserables is quite interesting and find Jean Valjean sympathetic and love the optimistic attitude of Cosette.  I also read a little bit more of The Order of the Phoenix (my least favourite HP book) and started Catching Fire.  I also bought my first e-books.  While I have gotten free books from the Kobo store, I don't consider them to be bought, as I didn't pay money for them.  These ones I did.  And I had some hassles in regards some of the books, but they have gotten resolved.

I didn't finish any books, but I do think that I will have at least a couple books done within the next day or two and with summer vacation starting by next Wednesday, I am hoping to get more done as a result.  At present, I am about 11 books ahead of where I should be in regards to my reading goal of 50 books and I have flirted with increasing the amount, but I don't think it will happen.

That being said, I can't believe how fast June is going by, but don't we always say that every month?

Hope you all have a great week.


No comments:

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...