Sunday, January 22, 2012

Sunday Salon - It's amazing

It's amazing when one's life basically is going to the dogs that one can find time to read, but when one's mind is distracted its a different story.  This week has been a little crazy due to the fact that I have had some health issues crop up (its not anything huge, but am trying to figure out what it is at the moment) and how that can make things go off kilter.  But somehow I was able to manage to get two books done over the week.  Its also amazing how the mind can be distracted by such a little thing, when there is a bit of uncertainty.

I was able to start and complete the latest Shopaholic book, which was nice to get the mind off of things, finish HP and the Deathly Hallows, and start a couple of more books that I have been wanting to read.  I didn't get a lot of reading done due to the fact that my mind was elsewhere for most of the week, but I am hoping that next week is a bit more productive.

Books completed:
1. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (review will be up in late summer, early fall) by J.K. Rowling
2. Mini-Shopaholic by Sophie Kinsella

3 comments:

Michelle Stockard Miller said...

I hope you'll get time to join in on the read-a-thon this week.

I like your new background. =O)

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I haven't read any of the Harry Potter books...but I love the shopaholic series.

Thanks for visiting my Sunday Salon.

Kath said...

Hope that the health issues resolve themselves soon and normality can resume! I know what it's like to have something throw you off kilter and have it affect your reading - hello second half of 2011!!

Reading something fun like the Shopaholic books is a good way to escape worries. Hope it helped!

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...