Tuesday, June 28, 2011

What's on your Nightstand - June 2011

What's On Your Nightstand is hosted by 5 Minutes for Books.

This month I did manage to finish a few books, but in the same breath, I did start a few more books.

Here is what I did finish:
Morning's Refrain
The Book of Negroes
The God who is There
The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks

And here is what I currently am reading

• House Arrest - recommendation from Books on the Nightstand, but I am having a little difficulty reading it.  I suppose its that I like one of the two main characters and I can't get enough of her and the author seems to like concentrate on the secondary characters more than the one character that I do like.  Its an interesting book and worth checking out.

• Twilight's Serenade - my light read this month.  I am finding the book to be rather poorly written and full of cliches more than anything and have considered putting the book down and returning it to the library.  In otherwords, I am not really enjoying the book, but am intent on finishing the book.

Due to my book club and other things that have come into my life and my lack of reading while at home, I have only really read these  two books this past month. I suppose reading fanfiction before I go to sleep hasn't helped either.  Hopefully it changes in July.

1 comment:

edj said...

Did you enjoy "The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks?" I've wanted to read that for a while. I haven't read any of the other books you mentioned. House Arrest does sound interesting.

Happy Reading!

Elizabeth from Five Minutes for Books.

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...