Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Promise Me - Richard Paul Evans

Title: Promise Me
Author: Richard Paul Evans
Published: 2010
Pages: 352
Genre: Fiction, Christmas
Rating 3/5

Beth Cardall has a secret. For eighteen years, she has had no choice but to keep it to herself, but on Christmas Eve 2008, all that is about to change. For Beth, 1989 was a year marked by tragedy. Her life was falling apart: her six-year-old daughter, Charlotte, was suffering from an unidentifiable illness; her marriage transformed from a seemingly happy and loving relationship to one full of betrayal and pain; her job at the dry cleaners was increasingly at risk; and she had lost any ability to trust, to hope, or to believe in herself. Then, on Christmas Day, as she rushed through a blizzard to the nearest 7-Eleven, Beth encountered Matthew, a strikingly handsome, mysterious stranger, who would single-handedly change the course of her life. Who is this man, and how does he seem to know so much about her? He pursues her relentlessly, and only after she's fallen deeply in love with him does she learn his incredible secret, changing the world as she knows it, as well as her own destiny.

Reason I read this book:  I read this book for a Holiday Reading challenge.

Thoughts: I had read one of Evan's books a few years ago, so I knew what to expect: a light-hearted romance taking place during the Holiday season.  I honestly didn't have any sort of thoughts in regards to the book, except that it was nice to read something lighter than what I had been reading.


Bottom Line: It was nice light read after reading a couple of books that were weighing on me, both literally and figuratively.

3 comments:

Nely said...

I have this one on my Christmas reading last. Glad to see it was nice and light... that's exactly what I'm looking for ;)

Felicity Grace Terry said...

I'm also taking part in this reading challenge so thought I'd stop by to say hello and to see what other bloggers are reading. Nice to have met you, enjoy the challenge.

Wakela said...

Now that I have my reading for this challenge behind me, I am venturing out to see what others have read.

This one sounds like an interesting read. I might have to check it out.

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...