Monday, April 12, 2010

4 - Of Mice and Men; John Steinbeck

Description: An intimate portrait of two men facing a world marked by petty tyranny, misunderstanding, jealousy, and callousness. But though the scope is narrow, the theme is universal; a friendship and a shared dream that makes an individual's existence meaningful.

My opinion: This was my first time reading the book and so some of the nuances of the book were lost on me, but other than that, I really liked the storyline of two men who are brought together through difficult circumstances and learn to lean on each other. It also is a tender story between two men who care about each other.

Rating 3/5 stars

1 comment:

Kathy said...

I found you through the crazy-for-books blog hop (from two weeks ago!) and decided to follow for 2 reasons: #1, because you're reading The Lovely Bones, and #2, because you read "a wide variety of books"! My kind of blog ;)

What Strange Paradise - Omar El Akkad

 Title: What Strange Paradise ( Bookshop.org ) Author: Omar El Akkad Published: 2022 (first published 2021) Genre: Fiction, Contemporary, Li...